so I grew up with glass ceramic top stoves and it was always a chore to keep it clean. Now I have a brand new stove that also has a glass ceramic top and while it definitely beats taking the elements apart and mopping up spills that fall underneath it is still hard to get the last little bit of baked on grunge off the element, well the other night I believe I finally found the trick it is a multi step process but each one is quick and relatively pain less, and the result is a sparkling cook top that looks like new. ( I must admit here while with the rest of my house I avoid store bought cleaners I did use some here)
1. wipe up any lose debris with a damp cloth.
2. whip down the stove top with a kitchen all purpose cleaner (I make my own).
3. apply Cerama-Bryte or other cream stove top cleaner (this one is biodegradable and does not cost much) a little goes a long way! and rub in with the smooth side of a Vileda Glass Ceramic Scrunge
4. let sit for a Min or two then use the rough side to scrub any really baked on stuff.
5.wipe clean with your damp cloth.
6.repeat 3-5 if there are any really bad spots.
7. using a 50% vinegar solution spray and wipe down the stove top to remove any residue and leave it with a nice like new shine!
after doing this procedure for the 1st time I was able to see some of the grey letters on the rings that I had not seen since the stove was brand new.