June 08, 2011

Quick Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Banana Muffins


I recently went on vacation and when I got home realized I had left some bananas on my counter that needed to have something done with them pronto!  So I called my mom and got her banana muffin recipe.  These mini muffins quickly became my girls new favourite treat 2 weeks and 4 or more batches later I still can not keep them in the house for more than a day!




I love this recipe for a few reasons,


1. There is no need for eggs, oil, milk... just pantry staples.
2. It makes a small batch 12 small muffins or 24 mini muffins...
    (this is turning out to be a bit of a problem now as they eat so many)
3. It is super quick to make.

I did make a few changes to the recipe so I will list the recipe the way I make it and then list the original that was given to me by my mom.



My Little Muffin Monsters!



Erin's Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe

2         Ripe Bananas Mashed
1/2 C   Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/3 C   Sugar
1/2 C   All Purpose Flour
1/2 C   Whole Wheat Flour
1    tsp Baking soda
1          Handful Rolled Oats 
1          Handful Chocolate Chips

Makes 24 mini muffins

spray tin with no stick spray or use muffin liners


Bake for 11-13 min in the centre of a 375 F Oven
_________________________________________


Original Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe

2         Ripe Bananas Mashed
1/2 C   Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/3 C   Sugar
1    C   Flour
1    tsp Baking soda
1          Handful Chocolate Chips


Makes 12 Small muffins 

Bake for 15 min at 400 F

No comments:

Post a Comment