February 06, 2011

Crochet Hat

Winterama Hat


Well winterama was this weekend and late Wednesday I realized that the youngest one does not have a hat to wear.  So I went through my stash, searched for a couple of hat patterns that I liked, and altered and combined them to meet my needs.  I used an ear flap had found on the  bernat website, but before I got to the earplaps I did a row of  3 double crochet in each single crochet and then a row of single crochet in each double crochet to create the ruffle then followed the instructions for the second earflap for the first and second earflap. Finally I created a little flower from the 1st 2 rows of the flower found at action hero ( I think this will be my new must use flower pattern)to add to the hat so that there was no question that she is a girl since she would be wearing her extra snowsuit that is green to match. here are the results.

The finished hat with an unimpressed model.

Close up of the flower embellishment 

Putting the hat to good use

No comments:

Post a Comment