Well winterama was this weekend and late Wednesday I realized that the youngest one does not have a hat to wear. So I went through my stash, searched for a couple of hat patterns that I liked, and altered and combined them to meet my needs. I used an ear flap had found on the bernat website, but before I got to the earplaps I did a row of 3 double crochet in each single crochet and then a row of single crochet in each double crochet to create the ruffle then followed the instructions for the second earflap for the first and second earflap. Finally I created a little flower from the 1st 2 rows of the flower found at action hero ( I think this will be my new must use flower pattern)to add to the hat so that there was no question that she is a girl since she would be wearing her extra snowsuit that is green to match. here are the results.
|The finished hat with an unimpressed model.|
|Close up of the flower embellishment|
|Putting the hat to good use|